(( Office #: 786.529.6515 )))
CLOSED: FRIDAYS/SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS by Phone.
EMAIL IS THE BEST WAY TO REACH US!
Just send us the following Form, Your Student's Work, Scores or Grades & your Payment to: FloridaHomeschoolHelp@yahoo.com
Please ( CLICK HERE ) to get the Form we need from you!
Be sure to send your form along with your Students Test Scores, FLVS Grades or Sample of the work for your Evaluation.
NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED . SEND IT ALL TODAY
End Of Year Evaluations
We offer evaluation services for homeschoolers across Florida.
Please know that beginning January, 2014, we only conduct “virtual” evaluations. Simply scan and email us samples of what we need to see (read below for details).
You can also mail us COPIES of your child’s portfolio via USPS. Some people prefer to do this.
Don’t worry! Evaluations should always be informative and relaxed.
What You’ll Need To Produce
(this is for Florida – other states vary slightly.)
* A log of academic activities.
* Student samples in each subject area from the beginning, middle and end of the school year.
* A list of all books read during the year. Books that you or someone else has read to the student count also.
* Your student. To satisfy state requirements we need to have a short, informal conversation with your student.
* Any questions you may have for us.
What we need to see according to FL law, is yearly progress. As a homeschooling mom myself, I know that often the progress you think you’ll make during the year is not exactly what you thought you’d see at the end of the year. It’s often much more than you’d expected!
If you have questions, don't worry it's normal just email us:
A Cyber Evaluation is the fastest, easiest and most economical way to comply with Florida Law regarding annual homeschool portfolio evaluations. With a cyber evaluation there is no need to travel to meet with the evaluator or have the evaluator come to your home. You meet with the state certified evaluator on-line and over the phone. As a result, the costs are much less because it saves the evaluator travel time and fuel costs. And in most counties the annual portfolio evaluation letter is accepted through email by the county’s home education or student services office. All you need as the parent is to keep a copy of the evaluation letter for your records, which can be printed from the PDF file through email or sent directly to you in the mail.
Sounds great! How do I get started?
1. Send the evaluator samples of your child’s homeschool portfolio. This can be done several ways:
We Musts Proof that you child is Progressing so we ask that you send us work from the Beginning of Homeschooling, The Middle and the End.
The basic idea here is that the evaluator has to see that the work has been done by the student and progress has been made. Therefore, samples of work from the beginning and the end of the school year are necessary so that the evaluator can make a comparison and see the student’s progress.
2. Set up a time for your child to have an interview with the evaluator. This can be done several ways:
3. Make sure that you have provided the evaluator with the following information:
The best way to do this is by emailing: FloridaHomeschoolHelp@Yahoo.com
4. Pay for the service. Cyber evaluations cost $59.99 per child ( K-11th Grade Only ) and $99.99 For Seniors ( 12 grade ). This can be done several ways:
After these easy steps are complete, then the evaluator will send you a copy of the portfolio evaluation letter via Email/ Fax or regular mail. If you need, and the county allows, the evaluation letter can also be emailed or Faxed directly to the county.
The annual portfolio evaluation is the easiest and quickest method of evaluation that can be done for the homeschooling child. Many parents are not sure what exactly needs to be done and some county home education departments seem to be confusing people.
First, the school year for the homeschooling child begins and ends at the time of year that the child has been registered as a homeschool student. That is usually around he child’s birthday since they are not required to register a child until the child turns 6 years old. If the child has been withdrawn from a school they should be registered at that time, regardless of their birthday.
Secondly, the requirements for the homeschooling parent are to keep a portfolio containing samples of the child’s work, record a reading list for the child and have an annual evaluation done before the end of the child’s year. The quickest, easiest and most economical method of annual evaluation is for a certified teacher to review the child’s portfolio and document the annual evaluation letter for the county district home education office. It is just that simple.
Home education is the most effective and important. It is my pleasure to be able help in anyway I can.My goals for doing evaluations is to ease the process and enable parents, and children, to have more stress free quality time.
Here are some quick tips to answer your questions about how to send samples of student work via email.
First of all, to accomplish this you will need a scanner, or if you do not have a scanner, a good digital camera.
If you are using a scanner, you have to choose what file format the scanner will output the image to. The best format to send samples is .PDF. This file format makes very neat, legible copies of the work and also keeps the file sizes low so that you can attach several files to an email at a time.
Most newer scanners will have the option to output the file as a .PDF via a button on the scanner, or in the scanner program itself. If your scanner does not have this option, then the next best file format to use is .JPEG or .JPG.
The JPEG is an image file and can tend to be a large file. DO NOT reduce the quality of the image to conserve memory, however. Doing so will only make it harder to see the work.
If you do not have a scanner, you can still produce JPEG files of your student’s work by using your digital camera. Take sharp, close-up photos of the work, one page at a time, using lots of light to make the images very visible. The most important thing is to make sure that the photo is nice and sharp.
Because JPEG images can be quite large, the best way to send the images is in batches. For example, send 5 – 10 images of math work in one email, then 5 -10 images of language arts in another email, etc. This also helps keep things organized and is a good idea no matter what file types you use.
If your student samples are easy to read and well organized, this will cut down the turn-around time for your evaluation. Missing work or work that has to be re-scanned will make the cyber evaluation take longer.
If you would like me to perform a Cyber Homeschool Portfolio Evaluation for your child, the following is necessary:
You can either mail me the work samples or you can scan them and attach them to an email. You can even take some digital photos of the work and attach those to an email. Whatever is best and easiest for you. Our Email Address is: FloridaHomeschoolHelp@Yahoo.com
Hope this Information helps, however if you still have questions feel free to call us: 786.529.6515 ( Monday- Thursday )
MATH TUTOR FOR HOMESCHOOLERS IN MIAMI
She Help my Daughters enter College at 14/15 years old. She is such an Amazing Teacher. Highly Recomend her.
Please let her know you received the information from our website.
Attendance Services Home Education Department.
WE WORK WITH EVERY COUNTY IN THE ENTIRE STATE OF FLORIDA
We can provide your Student's Annual Evaluations, Hassle FREE - TEST FREE!Send us Sample of your Child's work, Test Scores, or FLVS Transcripts - Students Name, Address, Phone, Email, Date of Birth, COUNTY of Registration, Parents Name via Mail, or Email, and we can provide your Evaluation by a State Certified Teacher that BELIEVES in the Homeschool System. right away. All you have to do is Email us: FloridaHomeschoolHelp@yahoo.comWe Work EVERY COUNTY in the State of Florida.
We are Veteran Homeschooling Moms.
High School Diploma & Graduation Available for Florida Homeschoolers.
We Work ONLY with Families that have Proof of Progress by Showing their WORK, Test Scores, or FLVS Transcripts in order to provide Certification.Thank you!
|Central||1. Marion - Belleview, Citra, Dunnellon, Eureka, Fort McCoy, Hog Valley, McIntosh, Ocala, Ocklawaha, Orange Springs, Reddick, Romeo, Salt Springs, Summerfield, Weirsdale|
2. Sumter - Bushnell, Center Hill, Coleman, Lake Panasoffkee, Sumterville, Oxford, The Villages, Webster, Wildwood
3. Lake - Altoona, Astatula, Astor, Bassville Park, Clermont, Eustis, Forest Hills, Fruitland Park, Groveland, Howey-In-The-Hills, Lady Lake, Leesburg, Mascotte, Minneola, Montverde, Mount Dora, Mount Plymouth, Okahumpka, Paisley, Sorrento, Tavares, Umatilla, Yalaha
4. Seminole - Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Geneva, Heathrow, Lake Mary, Lake Monroe, Longwood, Oviedo, Sanford, Winter Springs
5. Orange - Alafaya, Apopka, Bay Lake, Belle Isle, Christmas, Doctor Phillips, Eatonville, Edgewood, Gotha, Hunter's Creek, Lake Buena Vista, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, Tangerine, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park, Zellwood
6. Osceola - Campbell, Celebration, Champions Gate, Intercession City, Kenansville, Kissimmee, Poinciana, St. Cloud
7. Polk - Auburndale, Bartow, Davenport, Dundee, Eagle Lake, Fedhaven, Fort Meade, Frostproof, Haines City, Highland Park, Hillcrest Heights, Indian Lake Estates, Lake Alfred, Lake Hamilton, Lake Wales, Lakeland, Mulberry, Nalcrest, Polk City, Providence, Winter Haven
8. Hardee - Bowling Green, Wauchula, Zolfo Springs
9. Highlands - Avon Park, Lake Placid, Leisure Lakes, Lorida, Sebring, Venus
|Central East||1. Volusia - Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, DeBary, DeLand, Deltona, Edgewater, Holly Hill, Lake Helen, New Smyrna Beach, Oak Hill, Orange City, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona|
2. Brevard - Barefoot Bay, Cape Canaveral (Port Canaveral), Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Grant, Indialantic, Indian Harbor Beach, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Village, Merritt Island, Micco, Palm Bay, Palm Shores, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Suntree, Titusville, Valkaria, Viera, West Melbourne
3. Indian River - Fellsmere, Indian River Shores, Orchid, Roseland, Sebastian, Vero Beach
4. Okeechobee - Cypress Quarters, Okeechobee
5. St. Lucie - Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie Village
|Central West||1. Citrus - Beverly Hills, Black Diamond, Citrus Hills, Citrus Springs, Crystal River, Floral City, Hernando, Homosassa Springs, Homosassa, Inverness, Lecanto, Pine Ridge, Sugarmill Woods|
2. Hernando - Brooksville, Herrnando Beach, Masaryktown, Ridge Manor, Spring Hill, Weeki Wachee
3. Pasco - Bayonet Point, Beacon Point, Dade City, Elfers, Gulf Harbors, Holiday, Hudson, Lacoochee, Land O' Lakes, New Port Richey, Odessa, Port Richey, San Antonio, Shady Hills, St. Leo, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills
4. Pinellas - Bay Pines, Belleair, Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Boca Ciega, Clearwater, Crystal Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Gulfport, Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Kenneth City, Largo, Madeira Beach, North Redington Beach, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pass-A-Grille Beach, Pinellas Park, Redington Beach, Redington Shores, Safety Harbor, Seminole, South Pasadena, St. Pete Beach, St. Petersburg, Sunset Beach, Tarpon Springs, Tierra Verde, Treasure Island, Ozona
5. Hillsborough - Apollo Beach, Balm, Bealsville, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood Village, Dover, Gibsonton, Lithia, Lutz, Mango, Orient Park, Plant City, Riverview, Ruskin, Seffner, Sun City Center, Tampa, Temple Terrace, Thonotosassa, Valrico, Wimauma, Ybor City
6. Manatee - Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Myakka City, Oneco, Palmetto
7. Sarasota - Nokomis, Osprey, North Port, Sarasota, Venice
8. DeSoto - Arcadia, Brownville, Cubitis, Fort Ogden, Hull, Lake Suzy, Lansing, Nocatee, Southfort, Pine Level, Platt
|North Central||1. Gadsden - Chattahoochee, Greensboro, Gretna, Havana, Midway, Mount Pleasant, Quincy|
2. Leon - Tallahassee, Woodville
3. Wakulla - Crawfordville, Medart, Sopchoppy, Smith Creek, St. Marks, Wakulla Beach, Wakulla Springs
4. Jefferson - Capps, Drifton, Lamont, Lloyd, Monticello, Wacissa
5. Madison - Greenville, Lee, Madison
6. Taylor - Perry, Steinhatchee
7. Hamilton - Jasper, Jennings, Madison, White Springs
8. Suwannee - Branford, Dowling Park, Live Oak, McAlpin, O'Brien, Three Rivers, Wellborn
9. Lafayette - Day, Mayo
10. Dixie - Cross City, Horseshoe Beach, Old Town
11. Columbia - Fort White, Lake City, Lulu, Watertown
12. Union - Lake Butler, Raiford, Worthington Springs
13. Bradford - Brooker, Hampton, Lawtey, Starke
14. Gilchrist - Trenton
15. Alachua - Alachua, Archer, Gainesville, Hawthorne, High Springs, La Crosse, Micanopy, Newberry, Waldo
16. Levy - Bronson, Cedar Key, Chiefland, Fanning Springs, Inglis, Morriston, Rosewood, Otter Creek, Williston, Yankeetown
|Northeast||1. Baker - Baxter, Cuyler, Glen Saint Mary, Macclenny, Macedonia, Margeretta, Sanderson, Taylor|
2. Nassau - Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard, Yulee
3. Duval - Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach
4. Clay - Bellair, Green Cove Springs, Keystone Heights, Middleburg, Orange Park, Penney Farms
5. St Johns - Crescent Beach, Elkton, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Vilano Beach
6. Putnam - Crescent City, East Palatka, Florahome, Fruitland, Georgetown, Hollister, Interlachen, Lake Como, Melrose, Palatka, Pomona Park, Putnam Hall, San Mateo, Satsuma, Welaka
7. Flagler - Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast
|Northwest||1. Escambia - Bellview, Brent, Brownsville, Century, Cantonment, Ensley, Gonzalez, Molino, Muscogee, Myrtle Grove, Pensacola, Pensacola Beach, Perdido Key, Warrington, West Pensecola|
2. Santa Rosa - Avalon Beach, Bagdad, Gulf Breeze, Jay, Milton, Munson, Navarre, Pace
3. Okaloosa - Baker, Cinco Bayou, Crestview, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Laurel Hill, Mary Esther, Niceville, Shalimar, Valparaiso
4. Walton - DeFuniak Springs, Freeport, Miramar Beach, Paxton, Point Washington, Redbay, Santa Rosa Beach
5. Holmes - Bonifay, Esto, Noma, Ponce De Leon, Westville
6. Washington - Caryville, Chipley, Ebro, Greenhead, New Hope, Sunny Hills, Vernon, Wausau
7. Bay - Bayou George, Bear Creek, Callaway, Cedar Grove, Fountain, Hiland Park, Laguna Beach, Lynn Haven, Mexico Beach, Millville, Panama City, Panama City Beach, Parker, Rosemary Beach, Sand Hills, Sandy Creek, Southport, Springfield, West Bay, West Panama City Beach, Youngstown
8. Jackson - Alford, Bascom, Campbelltown, Cottondale, Graceville, Grand Ridge, Greenwood, Jacob City, Malone, Marianna, Sneads
9. Calhoun - Altha, Blountstown
10. Liberty - Bristol
11. Gulf - Port St. Joe, Wewahitchka
12. Franklin - Alligator Point, Apalachicola, Carrabelle, Eastpoint
|Southeast||1. Martin - Arundel, Indiantown, Hobe Sound, Hutchinson Island South, Jensen Beach, Jupiter Island, Ocean Breeze Park, Palm City, Sewall's Point, Stuart|
2. Palm Beach - Atlantis, Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Briny Breezes, Canal Point, Cloud Lake, Delray Beach, Glen Ridge, Golf, Greenacres, Gulf Stream, Haverhill, Highland Beach, Hypoluxo, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Jupiter Inlet Colony, Lake Clarke Shores, Lake Park, Lake Worth, Lantana, Loxahatchee, Manalapan, Mangonia Park, North Palm Beach, Ocean Ridge, Pahokee, Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach Shores, Palm Springs, Riviera Beach, Royal Palm Beach, Sandcut, South Bay, South Palm Beach, Tequesta, Wellington, West Palm Beach
3. Broward - Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Lauderhill, Lazy Lake, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Park, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Port Everglades, Sea Ranch Lakes, Southwest Ranches, Sunrise, Tamarac, West Park, Weston, Wilton Manors
4. Miami-Dade - Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Biscayne Park, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Cutler Bay, Doral, El Portal, Florida City, Golden Beach, Goulds, Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Homestead, Indian Village, Islandia, Kendall, Key Biscayne, Leisure City, Medley, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores Village, Miami Springs, North Bay Village, North Miami, North Miami Beach, Opa-Locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Pinewood, Princeton, Richmond Heights, South Miami, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Sweetwater, Virginia Gardens, West Miami, Westchester, Westwood Lake
5. Monroe - Big Pine, Islamorada, Key Colony Beach, Key Largo, Key West, Layton, Marathon, Sugarloaf Key, Tavernier
|Southwest||1. Charlotte - Cleveland, Grove City, Palm Island, Placida, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Rotonda, Solana|
2. Glades - Buckeye Ridge, Ortona, Palmdale, Lakeport, Moore Haven
3. Lee - Alva, Boca Grande, Bokeelia, Bonita Springs, Captiva, Cape Coral, Estero, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Fort Myers Shores, Fort Myers Villas, Gateway, Lehigh Acres, North Fort Myers, Page Park, Pine Island Center, Punta Rassa, Sanibel, San Carlos Park, St. James City, Tice, Waterway Estates
4. Hendry - Clewiston, Harlem, La Belle
5. Collier - Ave Maria, East Naples, Everglades City, Golden Gate, Immokalee, Marco, Naples, Naples Manor, Naples Park, North Naples, Ochopee, Palm River Estates